History of Beaufort County Community College
Beaufort County Community College began with the operation of a practical nursing program in 1949, under the direction of the State Vocational and Adult Education Department. From 1962 to 1968, the College operated as extension units of Pitt and Lenoir Community Colleges.
In December, 1967, the College was officially chartered as Beaufort County Technical Institute. The vocational and technical programs of the College were complemented by a college parallel program which opened in 1968 in conjunction with East Carolina University. In 1979, community college status was granted, and since then, Beaufort County Community College has functioned as a comprehensive community college offering continuing education and awarding associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
Beaufort County Community College
BCCC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association
of Colleges and Schools,
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097
to award associate degrees, diplomas and certificates.
American Association of Community Colleges
North Carolina Community College System
Recognized and approved by
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences,
5600 N. River Rd.,
Suite 720 Rosemont,
North Carolina Board of Nursing
North Carolina Department of Justice
Criminal Justice Education and Training
North Carolina State Real Estate Licensing Board
North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Arts
Approved to train veterans and eligible dependents
Beaufort County Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, Section 504 Institution, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, or handicap.