Beaufort County Community College (BCCC) began with the operation of a practical nursing program in 1949, under the direction of the State Vocational and Adult Education Department. From 1962 to 1968, the College operated as extension units of Pitt and Lenoir Community Colleges. In December, 1967, the College was officially chartered as Beaufort County Technical Institute. The vocational and technical programs of the College were complemented by a college parallel program which opened in 1968 in conjunction with East Carolina University. In 1979, community college status was granted, and since then, BCCC has functioned as a comprehensive community college offering continuing education and awarding associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
Beaufort County Community College will continue to be an innovative community leader, providing an open door to the future through educational opportunity, economic development, and public service.
Beaufort County Community College is a public comprehensive community college committed to providing accessible and affordable quality education, effective teaching, relevant training, and lifelong learning opportunities for the people served by